Friday, April 23, 2010

His Purpose Not Ours

I wanted to encourage you today. The Lord was sharing with me that I might be only one person but with His plans and purpose I can make a difference.

Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Too many times I am compelled to get discouraged and depressed and I remember the words of God. He said. “He would never leave me or forsake me.” He said, “He has plans for me, that I am more than a conqueror, I am the head and not the tail, He is for me and who can be against me.”

Many times the enemy wants to discourage us into thinking that we can’t make a difference in people, and why bother. However when we are down and when we are calling out to Him, he will always answer us and remind us to PRESS ON towards the goal, like Paul said.

Keep Him in your sight at all times; keep in the word and in prayer, even when you might not feel like it is making a difference. IT DOES, He hears your voice and He is with you. Remember His commands and what He has called you to do according to His purpose and not yours.

No comments: