Friday, April 9, 2010

The Names of God

The Names of God
I wanted to share a teaching from Psalm 23 I got from the book The Remnant by Larry Stockstill. It breaks down and forms the basis for worshiping the seven major divine names of Jehovah revealed in the Old Testament:
• Jehovah-Rohi, my shepherd (v.1): “The LORD is my shepherd.”
• Jehovah-Jireh, my provider (v. 1): “I shall not want.”
• Jehovah-Shalom, my peace (v.2): “He makes me lie down in green pastures.”
• Jevohah-Rapha, my healer (v.3): “He restores my soul.”
• Jevohah-Tsidkenu, my righteousness (v.3): “He guides me in the paths of righteousness.”
• Jehovah-Shammah, my presence (v.4): “Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death…You are with me.”
• Jehovah-Nissi, my defender (v.5): “You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.”

1 comment:

James Lindquist said...

God is surely - EVERYTHING to us huh? He is my EVERYTHING, I know that.

GBY Pastor