Friday, November 6, 2009

Be Careful For What You Ask For

I have to admit that sometimes I can get completely overwhelmed on things. When I have several tasks at hand I tend to rush through them and not do my best job in order to get them done. I have been working on this and God has really been directing me on this. For instance, I get a little overwhelmed when coming back from the grocery store after bringing in all the bags and then having to sort through them and put them up. I am kind of frustrated and want to get it done fast so I can feel a sense of peace and accomplishment. Is anyone else like that?

I felt God sharing with me a few scriptures for any of those people who might deal with this. I have pleaded with God, give me more, I want to serve you and do more for Your Kingdom. He clearly told me “slow down and focus on what you have to do. I can’t give you more until you can be faithful in the small things.”

I was reminded of the Parable of the Talents where Jesus said;

Matthew 25:21, 23
"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things.”

The ones who were faithful with a few things were given more. Also in Luke 12:48;

“From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.”

So be careful because if you want God to give you more, you have to prove to Him that you can handle what you have, just like the servants in charge of the talents. They had to prove to their master they were faithful in the small things. If you are not He will take away what you have and give it to the one who is faithful in the small things, like He did in Matthew 25:26.

No comments: