Five Works God Shared With Me About Family Time
1) Plan: Plan out devotional time with your kids, plan outings with your kids, plan date days or nights with your kids individually, plan family nights, etc.
Proverbs 14:22b says “those who plan what is good find love and faithfulness”
2) Prepare: Prepare your kids to do my work, show them how to serve, show them that you serve, prepare them for the enemies’ attacks and how to overcome them, prepare them for the life they will live when they are gone. Proverbs 22:6 says, “train up a child in the way they should go and when they are old they will not depart from it.”
2 Timothy 2:21b says, “Prepared to do any good work”
3) Perseverance: Raising kids is not a onetime thing, it takes perseverance and patience.
Hebrews 12:1 “let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.”
4) Prayer: Teach your children how to pray and use God’s word in their prayer.
1 Corinthians 7:5, “You may devote yourselves to prayer.”
5) Power: Teach the kids that they have the power over the enemy and they can overcome his temptations.
2 Timothy 1:7 says, “God did not give us the spirit of fear, but of power.”
Questions to ask the kids:
What are some things we can plan as a family that will foster love and faithfulness?
What are some ways we can prepare ourselves to do Gods works?
How can we use increase our prayer time?