Friday, February 13, 2009

Battlefield of the Mind Part 5

Prov 3.5-6
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.”

If there is anything I can’t stress more, it is make sure you are leaning on God and if you do, trust me He will direct your paths, make them straight, bring you success, and keep you on track. If you want to stay on track with Gods plan lean on Him. Alright guys, I am going to get a little theological with you but stay with me. A few words stick out to me here in Proverbs let’s look at them: the word lean in the Hebrew text means; stay, and rely and the Hebrew word for acknowledge text means; perceive, knowledge and know. So what I am getting at is how do you rely on Him, how do you know him? Well He left us the greatest tool of all time and it is a living and breathing text called the Holy Bible. Too many times I am asked, “Well you know I just don’t know if that is Gods will for my life.” If you truly want to know what Gods will for your life is, get into the WORD. READ your Bible, which is the best way to KNOW Him, to communicate with Him and to lean and rely on Him.

So as we close this series out, get on a reading plan. I am on a plan this year to read through the Old Testament once, New Testament two times, and Psalms two times which translates down to 4-5 chapters a day. You could just start out with 3-4 chapters a day and read the entire bible in a year. Or just start with 1-2 chapters if needed, but get into the word.

No comments: