Saturday, February 21, 2009

I will live this day as if it is my last Part 2

Luke 23:43
Jesus answered him, “I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.”

This exact scripture changed my life forever. I still remember reading it shortly after watching the movie The Passion of the Christ on 2/26/04. Stacey and I were driving to New Orleans to stay the night and then going on to Dallas. We stopped and purchased our first Bible. And I was curious as to how accurate the movie was to the Bible, so I started reading while driving. I read Matthew, Mark, and then Luke on the crucifixion, and this verse I started literally crying and saying to myself “how could someone love us that much?” And it was at that moment I committed my life to Christ and never looked back!! Jesus was on the Cross and dying and praying to His Father to forgive the people who put him up there, “for they do not know what they are doing” in verse 34. Then it says two criminals hung there with him. One hurled insults at him and one rebuked the other and then in verse 42 he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” How could he love someone that much?

At that moment I realized it was not only the criminal He loved and He also loved me. He died for me and He died for you.

So be encouraged today to know that Jesus died on the cross for YOU!

No comments: