Monday, April 20, 2009

Don't Give Up! Part 1

Philippians 3:12-14
"I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Paraphrased)

First of all the author here is Paul and he was awesome! Completely sold out for Christ. He pressed forward! One thing he did face as he pressed was resistance. In 2 Corinthians 11:23-29, he talks about all his trials. To list a few; Five times he was flogged 39 times each, Three times he was beaten with rods, Once he was stoned, Three times he was shipwrecked and if we read on he faced many dangers in his pursuit to fulfill his purpose in Christ.

This week I will be discussing about "Not giving up." What if Paul said, "I'm done?" We would not have two thirds of the new testament. But he did not! He pressed on toward the prize! When he faced resistance he just added some persistence!

Today as you are going through your daily trials remember we need to PRESS on toward where God wants us.

No comments: