Friday, October 23, 2009

Grow

God wants every one of us to grow in His wisdom and knowledge. I have been doing just a little something each day so I can change and grow. There are many things you can do, but” Just Do It” like Nike says.

We really need to be making sure we are changing our environment if we want to change our future. What I mean by that is your thoughts and words can control where you will be in a year. I have heard it said, review what you read, the people you hang around with, and the places you go and you can see where you will be in five years.

In Psalm 90:12 it says, “Teach me to make the most of my time so I may grow in wisdom”

You have to also be hungry for knowledge in order to grow. You want to have the hunger to see God do the extraordinary as demonstrated by humility, sacrifice, and perseverance. I was challenged recently to make sure that I continue to have the hunger to grow.

Rick Warren’s said; “the greatest detriment to today’s success is yesterday’s success.” Whatever you do today, do it better tomorrow.

Ask yourself these questions:

1) When was the last time you did something for the first time?

2) What have you learned and applied this month?

3) What do you do daily to facilitate your growth?

4) Are you teaching others what you are learning?

Final statement is as rewarding as it is to grow personally, it’s even better when you take the journey with others.

I want to thanks Joshua Canizaro for sharing these challenges with me.

No comments: