Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I Can

Henry Ford, one of the greatest innovators and mentors of our history, made this famous statement “think you can or think you can’t, either way you will be right”

Proverbs 23:7 says, “As a man thinks so is he”

Philippians 4:13 says, “I can do all things through Christ who gives me the strength.”

Isaiah 40:31 says, “But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”

God shared with me this past week that He was the one in control.

There are 3 things I want you to share with you today.

1. Say to yourself “I declare I can do all things through Jesus Christ who Strengthens me” Philippians 4:13

The power of life and death are in the tongue Proverbs 18:21 so when you declare things over your life you will make things happen.

1. Eliminate “can’t” from your vocabulary

When you say the word cant you are limiting God from being able to do things in you that you are not able to do—but God can

Ephesians 3:20 “God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all things more than you can ask or think according to the power that is at work within us”

So don’t limit God to what he can do in your life.

Just think Biblically if Noah said no I can’t build an ark, Moses no I can’t free your people from Egypt, Joshua said no I can’t overtake Jericho

1. Submit your thinking to the Word of God and your whole life will be changed.

Once I submitted my will to God and to the word of God my entire life changed.

Do you remember the little engine that could? Over 50 years ago, the book called The little engine that could, spoke to a generation of children. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can and it did!

2 comments:

Always in His Presence said...

Thanks Brad,
I know these scriptures, I often say them, but sometimes I forget, and I have to be reminded.
Also, thank you for following me. I need all the encouragement I can get. Blessings

Brian Miller said...

i can. not because of any strength my own.