Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Overwhelmed?

Have you ever felt overwhelmed? Have you ever felt that you are trying to take on too much and you just can’t do it all? I really feel this is a huge way the enemy tries to attack us in feeling that we can’t take on certain things. Too many times we feel like we can’t take on certain things because we might have too much on our plate.
Now I do believe in complete balance in our lives. I believe you should be able to balance your time between God, family, work and community development. I truly believe you should have a day of rest to recoup and get re-energized for your life. But sometimes we might fall short of what God has for us. Sometimes we don’t take on as much as we can because the enemy tries to leak into our lives and plant thoughts like, you are already doing too much.
I have had several times in my week where I have been overwhelmed, so I too am dealing with this. I have even been forgetful in things because I have so much on my plate.
I have a few ideas on what can be done in cases of being overwhelmed:
1) Turning to the word.
Matthew 6:27 says, “Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life.”
Matthew 6:33 says, “Seek first His kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you.”
2 Timothy 1:7 I have changed and said, “God did not give me the spirit of overwhelm, but of power and of love and of self control….and a sound mind.”
2) Praying to God for strength.
Philippians 4:13 says, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
1 John 4:4 says, “Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.”
3) Take notes on what all needs to be done: this will help you remember all you need to get done and not get you sidetracked on doing something else when a thought comes in while you are already doing something.
4) Schedule out your weeks: use block scheduling where at certain times of the day you are focused on certain things.
5) Use your NET (no extra time): like when you are driving, to get caught up on your calls, when working out get caught up on spiritual growth, when waiting for someone or something, get caught up on reading or reaching out to others.

No comments: