Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Gods Divine Timing Part 2

Gods Divine Timing Part ii
Psalm 40:1-2 (The Message)
“I waited and waited and waited for God. At last he looked; finally he listened. He lifted me out of the ditch, pulled me from deep mud. He stood me up on a solid rock to make sure I wouldn’t slip.”
I really like to song 40 written by Bono from U2 inspired by this chapter:
U2 Lyrics - 40
I waited patiently for the Lord; He inclined and heard my cry. He brought me right out of the pit, out of my miry clay. I will sing a new song, how long to sing this song? He set my feet upon a rock, and made my footsteps heard. Many will see, many will see and fear. I will sing, sing a new song. How long to sing this song?

Have you ever felt like you did not know if God was listening? Have you ever felt can He really hear my prayers? Ever wondered if he will ever answer your prayer? I know I have. Well if you do then remember this verse, that you must wait patiently for God and when it is in His timing He will answer and put you on a solid rock. Be encouraged today that He is listening to you and hears your prayers and he will pull you out of that ditch, or that deep mud you might be in and He will place you exactly where He wants you.

Today I challenge you to wait patiently for Him and read the entire chapter of Psalm 40.

1 comment:

Brian Miller said...

Lets face it. We want answers and we want them now. But if we had that, would it realy prodcue faith?