Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Power in the Words We Speak (4 of 5)

The Power of the Words We Speak Part IV

Psalms 141:3 Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips

In other words… “ help me, lord, to keep my mouth shut and my lips sealed” I know sometimes, (more than not) I have to pray this prayer. Do you ever get into situations where it seems so hard to keep your lips closed but you know that it would be the best if you didn’t say anything. We may be tempted to blurt out something or think that we know just what to say but sometimes we are the best example of a Christian when we don’t say anything at all.

I know that we want to make sure that God will be pleased with what comes out of our mouth. “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.” Psalms 19:14 So today take notice of the words that come out of your mouth. Ask yourself are they encouraging? Are they uplifting? Are they edifying? Are you building someone up with your words or are you tearing someone down? If you can’t say that they are uplifting then they don’t need to be said at all.

Written by Stacey Post

No comments: