Saturday, November 1, 2008

I will greet this day with love in my heart. (Part 2 of 4)

I will greet this day with love in my heart.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
“Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves. Love never fails.”

If we could for just 21 days read this verse every day prior to leaving our house, just think what it could do. They say if you repeat something after 21 days it becomes a habit. As we go out into the world there are many things that cause us to not love, trust me I know living in Atlanta and dealing with traffic, I have to repeat the first 3 words all the time. Or meeting someone who is filled with hate, spite or is vindictive. But in the verse Paul so eloquently defines what love is. So as you go out today, I challenge you to greet this day with love in your heart. Say this verse for 21 days prior to leaving your house.

1 comment:

Brian Miller said...

There is some sweet irony between our posts today. It is a very good thought to ponder. On a lighter note, I hear it works even better if you are listening to Foreigner's "I want to know what love is." lol.