Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I will persist until I succeed. (Part 2 of 4)

I will persist until I succeed.

Romans 2:7
“To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.”

What Paul is referring to here is “persistence in doing good” as the proof of genuine faith. In my career I have found that persistence in any area develops many things. It can lead to success, it can lead to failure, it can lead to humility, it can lead to embarrassment, and it can lead to an overflowing of blessing …whether it is good or bad it is still action. You have to take action in order to cause a result. I have noticed that in all cases if what you are doing or the action steps you are taking, if they are within God’s will and your persistence is from the heart they will turn into the success you desired.

So today is there something that has been holding you back? Someone you have been meaning to call? Someone you have been meaning to seek out on facebook or my space? An email you wanted to send? Someone you wanted to encourage (like someone who has been sending you daily devotionals for 10 days early in the morning-just kidding) but have been scared to?

TODAY take that action, take that step to reach out to someone, call, email, add them as a friend but take action and be persistence in doing good, and trust me you won’t want to wait to see what tomorrow brings in your life.

No comments: