Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bringing Success Part 4

1 Chronicles 12:18
“Success, success to you and success to those who help you, for your God will help you.”

We have to remember that it is God who can bring us success. We must depend on him to guide us and direct us and be our light unto our path. My story is, I was brought from a place where I was born and raised and went to the same school my entire life. I knew a lot of people and at any time I could call upon a few close friends or even family members and knew that they would be there in an instant to help me. Then God brought me a promotion and moved me and my family half way across the United States to where I only knew a few people. That is when I knew that I had to call upon God for help because I could no longer lean on those close friends and family members in my time of need. Some time after that I moved again to a place where I knew no one and had to lean on God to direct me to the right church to develop new relationships and grow in Him. Well three years later I am on staff of the church and truly doing something I love to do. You see the entire time I had plans to be the next president of a large company but Gods plans are bigger than mine.

I took a risk in moving, but I am more convinced that it is worth it. I do still miss my friends and family and talk to them often, but I had to make sure I am in the will of God.

No comments: