Friday, January 23, 2009

Overcoming the Battles of Depression Part 5

2 Corinthians 7:6
God encourages those who are discouraged.

Remember that it is God who comforts those who are cast down. A lot of the time when I feel discouraged, I try to encourage someone myself and it helps a lot. Too many times we forget the power of our words and remember to encourage others because you will up their spirits and in turn lift up your own. Try to also be constantly feeding yourself positive things and try not to be watching the news, reading the newspaper or watching any negative information. Now I am not saying to not keep up with the events in the world because they can help be a witnessing tool but try not to fill your soul with the negative news especially if you are cast down. Lean on God and He will encourage you.

3 comments:

Rob said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I tried to find your church website, but I couldn't. I'd love to check out your church via the world wide web.

Brad said...

Hey Rob,

I sent you an email as well but you can check out our website at www.turn4good.com

Karen said...

Brad, thank you so much for this. It has really encouraged me today. I need to read your blog everyday! Hope to see you on Sunday!