Friday, January 16, 2009

Dealing with Insecurity Part 5

Heb 13:6
So we may boldly say: “The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

Other versions of this verse say, so that we can say with confidence. You see God wants us to be bold and confident for Him because what can man do to you? Yesterday we said if God is for us who can be against us. The Creator of the Universe is on our side once we make a decision to follow him. Now that does not say we won’t go through trials and tribulation but we can go through them without fear since He is on our side.

Now in writing this to you I am not saying I don’t deal with insecurity or fear ever because I do. The enemy likes to attack me just as much as anyone else and make me doubt myself. But that does not mean I can’t encourage myself by reading His word, praying to Him and being lifted up in many other ways.

So today if you get discouraged remember to say this verse and memorize it and when you feel insecure, worried, or fearful say this verse and see what happens.

No comments: