Tuesday, March 3, 2009

At Your Service. Part 2

Luke 19:17
“Well done, my good servant!” his master replied. “Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.”

This is what I want to hear when I go to heaven. My greatest fear is for Jesus to say, “I never knew you.”

Now I am speaking to myself today but how many times do we want to skip the small stuff to get to the big stuff? Or how many times are we not trustworthy or take care of our small things and want bigger things. God will not bless disorder. Just before Jesus fed the five thousand he had them sit in groups of fifty (order) then he blessed the loaves and fish to get the increase.

We must be consistently looking at our lives to see where there is disorder. Maybe our car is not clean, a funny story goes back to when I had bought my first Caddy—88 brougham 4 door, black on black leather, man was it cool. I went over to my in-laws one day while they were living at an apartment and in walks my grandmother-in-law who said, “You should see this car out in the parking lot it has so much trash it is almost overflowing out the window. It is an old black Cadillac.” BUSTED.

1 comment:

Brian Miller said...

i better clean my car out today.