Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Speak Sweeter Part 3

Luke 6:45
“A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good, and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bring forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.”

We really need to make sure we are using the right words when speaking to others. If you know me I have a dry sense of humor and I can at times be very sarcastic. Well I have noticed from experience that sarcasm ruins intimacy with my wife and it can also hurt other relationships. Also I have noticed that it is not the best thing to use when raising kids, especially when they throw it back at you. So through time I have tried my best to only use it on my in-laws…(just kidding). But seriously I have had to really retrain my tongue because I have noticed that out of the heart the mouth speaks.

James 1:19 says, we are to be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. That is why God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth. During my AMAZING journey of being married for 11 years and being a parent for 10 years, I have to remind myself of this often, so please be praying for me.

No comments: