Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hungry for the Lord! Part 3

I was in my daily reading and a verse stood out to me and I was reminded about the day Jesus was angry. In John the second chapter, Jesus was upset about the corruption that was going on in Jerusalem in the temple courts. His passion for the wrong they were doing caused Him to make an outward declaration of His feelings. This chapter talks about Jesus making a whip and driving the people out of the temple area while overturning tables.

A scripture really stood out of the page with me and it said in John 2:17, “His disciples remembered that it is written, (Isaiah 69:9) “Zeal for your house will consume me.” The word “zeal” according to Webster’s means intense enthusiasm. I want to wake up every day with zeal to do what God has called me to do. We can’t allow the money changers or the merchants who could be related today to people or things that want to rob us off the time to spend with the Lord. Jesus was upset because this was a place where people would come and pray and spend time in intense enthusiasm with God.

Let’s not allow the money changers or time thieves to rob our time to be with God.

No comments: