Wednesday, March 4, 2009

At Your Service. Part 3

1 Timothy 3:13
“Those who have served well gain an excellent standing and great assurance in their faith in Christ Jesus”

This scripture jumped off the page at me today when I read it. We should all want to gain an excellent standing in the sight of our Lord. This speaks to what we have been talking about this week, in serving for an audience of one. We need to continually be pressing on to serve Him, even when it seems hard and long.

God spoke to me recently and said, “It should be a privilege to serve Me and not an obligation.” This spoke to my heart and said that I should never look at serving in a ministry out of guilt or like I feel I owe it to my fellow people. But it should be truly an honor to serve the God who sent His only son so that we could have a relationship with Him.

Today I want you to examine your heart in the place where you are serving whether it be in a ministry or your job.

No comments: