Monday, June 1, 2009

You Have Authority. Part 1

Ephesians 6:10
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power."

This week we will be discussing the authority you have over the enemy. In this verse we are reminded to be strong in the Lord, not in ourselves. I have heard, "I am not sure if I can make it." To encourage you today, you can make it; don't even think for a second that you can’t. Remember to be strong in His might and not your power or might! You alone don't have the power to overcome the enemy and the temptations that the devil will send your way. In God you have the power and you have the authority to stand firm in Him!

You ask what is authority? Authority is delegated power. This means you can step out in front of the devil, hold up your hand and tell him not to come any close. Today use your authority!

2 comments:

Brian Miller said...

nice thought to start the week b!

Guy Walker said...

I like the definition of Authority... delegated power. Another thought: Its great when God gives us more power or even when our employers give us more power but it can be scary too. (at least it is for me) I guess it just means we have to trust and grow more.