Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Be Confident in Yourself

I was in the hallway of my kid’s school the other day and remembered myself in elementary school. Then I thought about growing up and then even being in high school where I started attempted drugs and drink alcohol and smoke. I wondered why I would ever do something like that? Why did I not have a relationship with God? Why did I do those things?

I came to a realization that I did those things because of my lack of confidence in myself. My lack of feeling like I fit in. Psalm 139:14 says, “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made, your works are wonderful, I know that full well”.

In going in to lunch with my son, I started to affirm him with words to build him up so he grows up confident in whom he is. I started saying that I was proud that he was my son; he is a wonderful kid, a great brother and just really encourage him and make sure that he hears those things so he does not struggle with confidence as he grows up like I did and start doing things I am not proud of.

Today be confident in who you are and if you have children, make sure to affirm them with words and start building them up so when they grow older they are confident in who they are.

No comments: