Thursday, July 23, 2009

Iron Sharpens Iron

Proverbs 27:17 says, “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.”

Tonight we had our annual Low Country Shrimp Boil at Turning Point Church where we had a big group of men show up. As I sat there and looked around I was immediately humbled by the amazing group of men God has surrounded me with. I could not imagine not having this group of men in my life. We do life together, we crack jokes at each other, we pray for each other and we are there for each other.

Way too many times in my past I have tried to separate myself from people and not allow people to actually know the real me. I think if they really knew what I have done and been through would they still be my friend. So for a long time I was afraid to open up to other men. But after going to this church and God delivering me from the wrong mind sets I am completely filled with joy with the people God has placed around me.

3 comments:

JOHN said...

Brad,
Sounds likea great group og brothers.I to am Blessed with that.We do alot together.Pray togehter,Mens breakfast,bowling night.Sometimes we do Father and Son night at baseball games. If your not married or dont have children they still want you to come.We fellowship alot.Sounds like you do to.Ar you a Minister,or play an instrument.I have to go back and read your profile.Email me prioritypimentel@aol.com I would like to hear more about your brothers and Church.May God Bless You
John

JOHN said...

Pastor Brad,
'Sorry I just read your profile.Praise God Your the Pastor.I have been under my Pastor over 20 years,were best friends and were both 42.He has a Wife who loves the Lord three children and Just taught me so much about the Lord.I come from a different world then he did. His Family picture is opn my blog.Please stop by
God Bless You.I will be praying for you and your Church

Brian Miller said...

the men we surround ourselves with will in many ways influence teh decisions we make and the direction of our lives. glad it sounds like you have a great group of guys surrounding you. thanks for the prayers bro.