Tuesday, July 21, 2009

That's Just The Way I Am

Have you ever heard someone say, “Well that’s just the way I am.” They refuse to change. I don’t really believe that because God can change anyone. I have been able to spend time with my 81 year old grandfather in law and he said he is still learning and still changing and improving on things. I spent so time with him today and he gave me some great quotes:

“Time flies when you are getting old. Slow this baby down!!”

He has been married for 58 years and has 3 kids, 12 grandchildren, 17 great grandchildren with more on the way.

“When you grow up you can call the shots.”

We had a great time visiting today while the women shopped and we patiently waited on the benches outside. He taught me some patience today.

“You can lead a man to the gates of hell, but you can’t drive him across the street.”

After spending a lot of time with him this week we continually grow closer as friends. Even though he is 81 he still believes that he is not just the way he is but he is continually growing and changing.

No comments: