Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Come Out of Your Shell

I was reading in the book of Romans the message version in chapter 12 verses 1-2 where it says:

“So here’s what I want to do, God helping you. Take your everyday, ordinary life-your sleeping, eating, going to work, and walking around life-and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what He wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God wants to bring the best out of your, develops well-formed maturity in you.”

I can tell you that lately I have been stretched way out of my comfort zone. For the past several months I have been getting out in the community and attending meetings, outreaches, community events and get togethers. I can tell you that I can put on a front but truly down deep inside I am shy and a little intimidated walking into an even where I only know about 2 people. However I quickly realize that that is where God wants me to be, among people and stretching the fear of any type of embarrassment out of me. You see that is why I am shy, it is because the fear of embarrassment, ever felt that way?

At church I lead our welcome team where at any given time I am to walk up to people start a conversation with them even if I don’t know them. I am welcoming in new guests and don’t even know them from anywhere and I can tell you in my position I can’t do it in my strength but with God I can. Just like the Paul says in Romans God wants to bring the best out of you.

Today I want to challenge you to allow God to pull out that shyness in you! Say hello to someone you don’t even know, weather out to eat, pumping up gas, in the line at the grocery store, but do something to break out of your shell. Then please share what you did. You can email me at bradpost@turn4good, write on my Facebook wall, or Twitter me.

No comments: