Friday, December 19, 2008

The Gift of Giving Part 5

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”

Prior to writing this, I was brought to tears to know that God loves us so much. I was listening to a Hillsong song that says, “For all You gave, the world Your only Son for us, to know Your name to live within the Saviors love and You took my place and You were crucified, and Your love, Your love of people undeserving.” This song really hits home for me. I like the message version of John 3:16 where it says, “He gave his only son, and this is why: so that no one need be destroyed by believing in Him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life.”

I remember when I gave my life to Christ; I was amazed as to how someone could love us so much. You know at any time Jesus could have called upon a legion of angles to save Him from the cross. If you haven’t given your life to Christ you can today. Just pray this prayer and let me or someone know.

“Father, I thank you today for giving us Your only son who paid the ultimate sacrifice so we could have a relationship with You. I admit today that I am a sinner and I repent of my sins and ask you to come into my heart. Thank you God for restoring my life and accepting me for who I am, and guide me in my paths so I can follow you. In Jesus name Amen.”

No comments: