Monday, December 1, 2008

Turning Fear Into Faith Part 1

Turning Our Fear Into Faith Part 1

Psalm 23:3
“Though, I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.”

I was inspired to talk to about turning our fear into faith this week. I watched a few movies this weekend that really put into perspective what could possibly be inclined to define fear. The movies “Into the Spear” and “Beyond the Gates of Splendor” are about missionaries who are deep in the Amazon and trying to reach an extremely violent tribe who is killing so many people. They fly a plane deep into the tribe’s territory and attempt to make contact with him. But before leaving one of the men’s son asks him what will you do if they attack you will you shoot them? The father said to his son, “no, because we are ready to die but they are not”. He knew where he was going when he died.

That to me is turning fear into faith.

1 comment:

Brian Miller said...

Great movies! Great truth!