Saturday, January 23, 2010

Accept The Compliment

A compliment is defined as, "say something to someone that expresses praise."

Something God has really been sharing with me lately is to make sure I am accepting any compliments. Not in an arrogant way but in a way to glorify. We might get compliments about our kids, our clothes, our house or anything and we say things like.

"You should see my kids when they are not in public"

"Or, these clothes, I got them on sale on the clearance rack"

"Or this house, no not really way too many things are wrong with it"

I clearly heard God saying to me to make sure I am accepting the compliment in a humble way. When we deny our compliments we are taking away from the blessing God has given to us.

Next time someone compliments you--give the glory to God and accept it in a most humbling way.

No comments: