Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Have Fun

I wanted to encourage you today to just have fun. I am speaking to myself also, because I really believe with our busy lives and things we are all trying to do today, the enemy likes to steal our joy.

Nehemiah 8:10 says, “The joy of the Lord of the strength.”

I am way to serious sometimes for those that know me. When I get into the groove of something my facial expressions show no sign of a smile and I concentrate and can almost look upset or intimidating. I really have to prepare myself and say this verse over and over. I have to be very intentional about smiling and showing a joyous expression on my face.

But the main point of this today is to encourage you to find the fun and joy in every situation. When in traffic, and if you live in Atlanta you will deal with traffic, just smile and have fun. Try to find some memory or thought that makes you smile and think that.

But seriously (you should see my face right now no smile because I am being serious :-) ) have fun and remember that the Lord will give you strength when you have joy!!

No comments: