Monday, January 11, 2010

Plans...What Plans??

Have you ever made plans and been disappointed by the outcome or were not able to do what you had planned? Do you think God is ever disappointed in us for not following His plans He has for us?

Proverbs 19:21 says, “Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.”

Way too many times I have made all these elaborate goals and plans to do something in my life and like Paul on the road to Damascus in Acts 9, I was knocked off my horse by God. I had plans to somehow become the next CEO of a fortune 500 company five years ago. I was on the right track, being flexible to move my family across the United States, willing to travel, willing to work 60+ hours a week to get my job done. Work every Saturday to get ahead, sacrificing my soul, my family and possibly even my future. However God had plans for me: Jeremiah 29:11 said “God had plans for me for a hope and a future, not to harm me but to prosper me.”

The more I started seeking God the more Psalm 37:4 came true which says, “Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desire of your heart.” No longer were my plans going to prevail, it was God’s plans that were going to prevail.
To make a long story short—I am not the CEO of a fortune 500 company…yet :), I am not working at a job that makes me sacrifice my soul and family…..I wish I could say I am not working 60+ hours a week.. :) . But the bottom line, I am doing something that I truly love doing and where God has called me.

Today, search your heart and commit to what you are doing and do it with all your heart because be glad to know that in the end it is God’s plan that will prevail.

No comments: