Thursday, January 21, 2010

Step

Too many times people can miss their calling in their life out of fear, doubt and worry. They are afraid to get out of their comfort zone and move into something that might make them a little uncomfortable.

Here are the questions I have been getting:

• I don’t know what God’s destiny for me is?
• What does God want in my life?
• What should I be doing?
• I know I am supposed to be doing something for the church or for the community but not sure what?
• Where do I fit in?

Many people ask those questions out of their lack of confidence and hesitate or even worse not get involved in making a difference in peoples’ lives.

My answer………….JUST STEP.

Matthew 14:25-30 talks about Jesus and Peter walking on water,

25During the fourth watch of the night Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear.
27But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."
28"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."
29"Come," he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"

All Peter did in verse 29 was he stepped out and literally walked on the water, God hardened the water once he stepped. When he took his eyes of Jesus in verse 30 is when he began to sink, that is an entirely different message.

The message is simple. If you want to know what you should be doing just step and start somewhere. When I first started in church I did not go to the pastor and say, “You know I feel called to be a connections pastor.” I said, “Where can I serve?” So I actually started as an usher, then they caught wind that I played the guitar so I started to play on the praise team. But I was willing to do whatever. I just wanted to be a part of something bigger than I was. Did I know when I first started going to church I would be a connections pastor….absolutely not. I just took a step and God hardened the water.
My challenge to you is to just step. If you want to get involved in the church, just step, get involved in the community, just step. God will harden the water.

No comments: