Friday, January 22, 2010

Be The Light

I want to encourage you today to know that you can either be the light or be the darkness in someones day. I try to always be encouraging to those around me and try to compliment people on something I notice and I truly am genuine about it. I can’t give anyone a fake compliment.

I was reading in Matthew and came across Matthew 5:14-16 which says,

14"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Know that when your light shines before men, that will reflect the glory of God and the deeds you have done are to glorify Him. God has called us to be the light. Try to make sure you are not bringing anyone down with the problems of your life but lift them up in the light of the Father. If you have something going on in your life you can ask some of your key people you know for prayer but try to also be an encourager.

Lets try this on for size when you are asking for a prayer request ask if there is anything you can be praying to them about. This way you can bring glorify to the Father by doing this.

No comments: