Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Slow To Judge

I came across this prayer and wanted to share:
“Heavenly Father help me to remember that the jerk that cut me off in traffic last night, is a single mother who just worked nine hours that day and was rushing home to do the homework, do the laundry and spend a few precious moments with their children. Help me to remember the pierced tattooed, disinterested young man who can’t make change at the local store, is a worried 19 year old college student balancing his apprehension over his final exams with his fear of not getting his student loans next semester. Remind me Lord that the bum, the scary looking guy begging for money in the same spot every day, is a slave to his addictions that I can’t only imagine in my worst nightmares. Help me to remember that the old couple who is walking so annoyingly slow in the super market, blocking up the aisles and slowing everyone down are probably savoring their final moments together based on the last biopsy report she got, this will be the last few moments they will spend together. Heavenly father remind me that each day, all the gifts you have given us the greatest gift is love. It’s not enough to share the love with those I hold dear, but open my hearts to all humanity. Let me be slow to judge, quick to forgive, bless me with patience, empathy and love.
And all God’s people said AMEN.

No comments: