Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Be A Part Of Something Big

As I was reading in Matthew chapter 10 today Jesus was sending out His 12 and gave them a powerful, motivational and inspirational message, I believe fire them up before they were sent out. He starts out in Matthew 5 and in verse 6 he says “go to the lost sheep, the kingdom of heaven is near.” He gives them purpose and direction and is very strategic about what they will face and what they will encounter. I feel this is also a message to us today on what we will face and what we will encounter in our areas.

I used to be always searching for something to fill in some void I had in my life and wanted to be a part of a movement that was much bigger than me. I finally found it when I came to know Christ. In Matthew 10:39 Jesus says, “Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.”

I really stand on this verse to know that I am a part of something much bigger than I am when I lose my life for Jesus. Often times He tells me to do something I don’t in the flesh want to do, but as long as I obey Him I know I will make an impact.

My challenge to you today is how are you being a part of something bigger than you? What are you doing to impact those around you? Are you creating a difference in people lives? If so is it for the better of the worse?

No comments: