Friday, January 15, 2010

Honor Local Leaders

I felt led to share what has been on my heart recently. I find a strong sensation in my heart every time I see a policeman, fireman, councilman, mayor, state legislator, governor, judge, or any other type of community leaders. I find respect and honor welling up within me when I pray about these local community leaders.
Romans 13:7 says, “fulfill your obligations as a citizen. Pay your taxes, pay your bills, and respect your leaders.”
I feel we as citizens have an obligation to honor our local government and community leaders. I have taken a personal challenge on myself to make sure I am continually praying for our local leaders and businesses in Henry County, GA and the surrounding areas. I truly believe that through the actions of our local leaders and through prayer that we can make a difference in a huge way. We are filled with many amazing people in our area and I am sure if you are reading this you can think of some of the leaders in your area.
I want to challenge you to find out who some of those local leaders are in your community and pray for them and honor them. If you take them out to lunch bless them by paying for it. Honor them in any way you can. Maybe you just need to send them a gift card or a thank you card, or an encouraging email. But take a step to honor our local leaders.

No comments: